Friday, October 4, 2013

Wait..The Government's closed?!

Hey!

So on Tuesday, guess what? The government SHUT DOWN! How do you even do that? It's crazy.

I've been studying current events for school, so this was a pretty exciting addition to my curriculum. I don't know oodles about the situation, but as I understand it, there are some Republicans that are known as the Tea Party who disagree with Obamacare, which is insurance that will be provided for everyone in the country. They have every right to disagree with it, because of the First Amendment and stuff. But it would have been better for them to disagree with it while it was being approved. Because now, they've shut down the government, and not actually stopped the Obamacare law from passing. Yeah.

Also, I was going to be in D.C. today on a field trip with friends and parents!! But not anymore, because the government is closed.

On a more personal level, I read an AWESOME book called Since You Asked. It was REALLY good, and I totally related to the main character and her relationship with her mom. Also, I got a Secondhand Serenade CD from the library. Yay!

Fare thee well!
Go 'Merica!

xx
Daylily    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaf